Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A bit more on sports day

You may have seen the video below and be wondering a bit about a Japanese sports day. Or maybe you don't give a damn. I don't care what you think, I'm going to tell you about it anyway. You remember sports day at school? 100 metres, 200 metres, 400 metres, long jump, high jump, maybe even javalin and discus. Forget all that. Individal games are out, it's all about the group.

What team games, you ask? Football? Hockey? Not quite. Tyre grab, piggy back wrestling, pole climbing and millions of people skipping together, that's what it's all about.


Girls grabbing tyres


Boys skipping


Me and my "white tiger" team mates. I don't know what that thing I'm doing with my fingers is and if it means peace or whatever but I do it automatically now. Sorry.

If you want a funnier and possibly better review of a sports day in Japan, you can go to hell. Or have a look at Brad's blog in the links section on the right. Yes, he's an american and you don't know him but he's at a similar (maybe even lower) level school and he's a creative writing and literature degree person. That makes him slightly better qualified to write stories than this technology and business bachelor. Or don't check it, enough people already read it to massage his ego.

1 Comments:

Blogger Winesoaked Buddha said...

"I'm not that into it, But, yeah I'm doing it anyway." Seems to be attitude of your expression, your blog and British people in general.

4:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home