Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What's Been Rocking My World

This Sunday, at 9.42am, I awoke, with Jake and Warren who happened to be staying over at my apartment, to the somewhat violent shaking of my house.

Earthquake.

Less than 80km away, in a prefecture next to Toyama, a 7.1 magnitude earthquake had occur ed. My house shook, picture frames fell over and the walls rocked. It was quite exciting really.

Nearer the epicentre nearly 200 were reported injured and 1 dead. We got off lucky:
In October 2004, an earthquake with a magnitude of 6.8 struck the Niigata region
in northern Japan, killing 65 people and injuring more than 3,000. In 1995 a
magnitude 7.2 tremor killed more than 6,400 people in the city of Kobe.

The aftershocks continued for a couple of days, but I haven't felt any yet today. (Edit: Strike that.. I just felt one!) Check out this BBC Website link for more info if you're interested.

So after surviving a major earthquake here on Sunday morning, I thought I should give a little up date on life. This week my fantasy stocks and shares aren't doing so well. Down about 1000 pounds. I don't really know how to pick winners yet. Max's stocks are up 11000 dollars! I'll keep going until I get the hang of it.

Also I have been spending a good portion of time on Japanese study, but I'm starting to think Japanese might not be so useful. Unless I can incorporate Japanese usage into my future life, then there seems little point investing all this time in it. It might look good on a CV but what's the use in a good CV when I start my own business. Unless of course it's a Japanese business, but then business Japanese would take even longer to master!

Speaking of which, I'm going to have to clean up my digital footprint before I start my first business. RE: How to Clean Up Your Digital Dirt Before It Trashes Your Job Search. (Thanks to Mr Red Face for this link). I also heard an article about this same thing on BBC Radio 5 this morning.

It affects me because I had the amazing lack of forethought to register this blog as http://www.brownsdon.blogspot.com/. Now any prospective employer or investor can find details of my personal life simply by typing my name into Google. I come up top! Mind you, it is an opportunity to produce an altogether more professional looking persona, if one was so inclined.

In the not to distance future I will be deleting, re-registering and re-starting with a new more anonymous blog. I'll try to save my old posts, at least to my PC if not on the new blog, as they're quite a good record of things in general and I'm glad a made them ('If your life's worth living, it's worth recording!' to quote success coach Anthony Robbins).

Right that's enough life recording for the moment, and possibly the end of the current Rich Man's World. Don't be surprised if next time you try this blog it's completely gone, completely changed or as may be the case for a couple of weeks, completely the same.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger bleeeeeeeeeeeeeee said...

Better button up your vest, cautioned Ross, laboring with the soma careless fall of his tie.. In those long mornings, when Dennis was in the study explaining to map-peddlers that I had eleven maps of Jerusalem already, and to school-book agents that I would see them hanged before I would be bribed to introduce their risperdal textbooks into the schools--she and I were at work together, as in those old dreamy days--and in these of our log-cabin again.. Something similar is amoxicillin probably the case with the caviare of my patient.. The sending away of the little ambien one, of the genital, in the first dream therefore also refers to the threatened castration.. Den I make von hydrocodone mauvaise affaire --von gran mistake! I hope not...

1:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home