Monday, August 21, 2006

The Reverse Culture Shock of the Isle Of Man

Last week I returned home for the first time in a year. As soon as touched down in London I noticed two things. Fat English people and girls with big tits. I guess you can't have one with out the other, can you. Take a look around you now, how many fat people can you see? Here, now, in the school staff room, I can see 1 slightly overweight man from about 20 people. Anyway, it just encourages me to stay fit and I'll be doing two 10km runs in October.

After all the noticing of fat people, I met up and had a great lunch with some old school mates (Forbes, Nick, Tom L, Tom PH, Fleur) and nearly missed my flight to the Isle of Man as a result. They all seem to be doing really interesting things right now.



Back on Mann, it was great to meet up with some friendly faces like Sally, Crags and even Pete. Sitting in Crags' flat playing Xbox, it was pretty easy to get back into the Manx way of life. At the weekend I was introduced to the finest Irish cider in existence, Magners. This stuff is so popular right now, that Ireland has compeletely run out of apples.



Saturday night was 'the usual' get drunk as fast as possible, get to paramount, and get some action. Here's the guys:


This was the culture shock. 1 year ago that would have been (and almost certainly was) me. Now, it seems, it's not. I can't explain it. Well now that I think about it, maybe I can. It's probably nothing to do with culture shock and readjusting and more to do with the fact that they're all single and I've got a great girlfriend. What a pity she's about to move to New York for 6 months. How will I cope? Watch this space, I just wish they had Magners over here...

1 Comments:

Blogger Winesoaked Buddha said...

that is truely a proud beast. Does it have a tail?

3:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home