Thursday, September 07, 2006

Jump in my car.

Pete, Crags and JJ, this one's for you.


I dedicate this entry to my hard working friends at home. Were it not for them, I would still be driving round Japan illegally, like I had been doing since my international driving license ran out on July 25th.

When an international license runs out, the done thing is to take your country's license in and they give you a nice Japanese one. Folks from the US have to take a test. HA HA! Folks from the UK just get it handed to them.

The licensing office in Toyama had unsurprisingly never seen a Manx driving license and neither had the head office in Tokyo. This proved to be a unique problem for them. They needed hard evidence of this 'country' I call home, and asked me to provide it in the shape of a mate's driving license, so they knew that there were others that looked exactly like mine.

So thank you Crags, for the 'will he/won't he fax me his' in time suspense. It arrived just in time for my final appointment at the licensing office. What a pity your license is the old style, looks completely different from mine and was completely useless. Still, that's not your fault.

Pete, with my last minute email to you, I held out little hope for a reply in time. What can I say, you surprised me. A full colour license scan was in my inbox by the morning of the appointment. It's thanks to you that I am now the first Manx person to get a Japanese driving license. And I didn't even have to read the green cross code.

And JJ, you did fuck all, but since you were in the picture I thought I would mention you. Get your act together JJ.

Now that I have my license, I can get back to doing what I like best. I'll let the Hoff explain..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a real country!!!
And yeah sure Rich that picture is just like you in your rubbish little car which will never get you to the ski slopes!
Miss me?x

8:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is not a real country? Hope "Emily" doesnt mean the Isle of Man.

Rich: upload your your photos to Flickr and then link to them in your blog. Then we ca go to your Flickr account and comment on the photos; Like "Doesnt he look good in that shot" etc etc

Nick

1:32 am  
Blogger Richard said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home