Monday, July 30, 2007

The 2nd year in Japan Summary

You may remember about this time last year, I gave a summary of my first year in Japan just before I returned home, so people knew what I had been up to. It had nice little month by month pictures and a little description of what had happened, and the interesting things that I did, saw, or had held in my hand.

Well since I'll be back in the Isle of Man and London, I thought it was time for another update. But this year, I haven't really been to big cities, or world heritage sites or other asian countries.

So what have I been doing? People out here have been asking me this too, since I stopped drinking, and I’ve had a hard time answering. Then when I thought about it, well, I guess I’ve spent quite a lot of time…

Reading.

Richard? Reading? It's kind of become a hobby.

Here’s a list of the books I’ve read this year, most of them in the last 6 months. Some have been ebooks, some audio books and some are just plain old pieces of paper bound together.

I’d love to talk about any of them and be interested to know which ones you’ve read too. Oh I don’t know why I’ve ordered them in alphabetical order of the first name of the Author. I must be the only person in the world to order books like that. There’s probably a few mistakes too.

Non - Fiction

  • Anthony Grant
    • Coach Yourself: It's Your Life, What Are You Going to Do with It?
  • Andy Riley
    • Book of Bunny Suicides
  • Antony Robbins
    • Personal power II
    • Awaken the Giant within
    • Get the Edge
    • Lessons in Mastery
  • Brian Tracy
    • 21 absolutely unbreakable laws of money
    • 21 ways to double your productivity
    • 21 ways to build a high profit business
    • Accelerated learning techniques
  • Dalai Lama
    • The way to a meaningful life
  • Dale Carnegie
    • How to win friends and influence people
  • David Allen
    • Getting Things Done
  • David J. Schwartz
    • The Magic of Thinking Big
  • Deepak Shopra
    • The 7 spiritual laws
  • Donald Trump andRobert Kyosaki
    • Why we want you to be rich
  • Joseph Bennette
    • A course in light speed reading
  • John Gray
    • Men are from mars, women are from Venus
  • Kenneth Weiss
    • Building an Import/Export Business
  • Larry King
    • How to talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere
  • Napolean Hill
    • Think and Grow Rich
  • Rhonda Byrne
    • The Secret
  • Robert Kyosaki
    • Rich Dad Poor Dad
    • Rich Dad Poor Dad 2: The Cash flow Quadrant
    • Retire Young Retire Rich
    • Choose to be Rich
    • How to find great investments
  • Richard Templar
    • The Rules of Wealth
    • The Rules of Work
    • The Rules of Life
  • Stephen R Covey
    • 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
    • Living the 7 habits
  • Tina Konstant.
    • Teach yourself speed reading
  • Wayne Dyer
    • Manifesting your destiny

Fiction

  • Aldous Huxley
    • Brave New World
  • Benjamin Kunkel
    • Indecision
  • George Orwell
    • 1984
  • JD Salinger
    • Catcher in the Rye
  • Paulo Coelho
    • The Alchemist

Started but not finish

  • Karl Jung
    • Memories Dreams and Reflections
  • Michael E Gerber
    • The E-myth Mastery Revisted
  • Thomas L Friedman
    • The World is Flat
  • Timothy Ferriss
    • The 4 hour work week
  • Joseph Heller
    • Catch 22
  • John Fowles
    • The Magus
  • David Shuttleworth
    • Mind control, NLP and Hypnosis
  • James Heisig
    • Remembering the Kanji: Complete Course on How Not to Forget the Meaning and Writing of Japanese Characters

Not started but have

  • Anthony Robbins
    • Live with Passion
    • Ultimate Relationships
  • Brian Tracy
    • The science of self confidence
  • Robert Kyosaki
    • Rich Dad’s prophecy
  • Steven Levitt
    • Freakonomics
  • Jenny Randles
    • Supernatural Isle of Man
  • Neil Strauss
    • The Game
  • 40 downloaded ebooks of various quality on psychology, social interactions, hypnosis and mind power.
  • 5 Gigabytes of probably pretty good audio books on wealth, health, life etc.

Not have but want/recommended/on my wishlist

  • Richard Branson
    • Losing my Virginity: the Autobiography (the new one is out August 6th!)

And a load of other ones. Go to amazon.co.uk and search for my wishlist if you would like to see all of them. I think you can do this by just typing my name in to amazon, but who knows!

Since that's about 4 times as many books as I've read in the whole previous 24 years of my life, it's fair to say a small about of personal growth has occurred, hopefully for the best.

I’d say I'm on information input mode at the moment. Maybe I'll stay like this for a bit, or maybe I'll switch to output mode and write my own book in my third year in Japan, who knows?

Anyway, let me know if you want to talk about any of these books, or have a few recommendations you could see me enjoying. I'd like to write about which were my favourite and why some time, but don't hold your breath.

Hasta la vista, baby. Hopefully see you soon.




Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Wow, maybe there is something in the whole not drinking thing?

I reccommend you ad Information Rules to your list.

9:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home